ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direction/guidance to Warehouse associates regarding day-to-day activities/tasks and operational processes.
- Establishes prioritization of work load in the Warehouse to execute daily customer support needs.
- Pulls and prepares orders, including counter fulfillment or staging for shipment; assures product is properly and safely stacked and organized on pallets.
- Coordinates inbound and outbound deliveries/trucks; May load shipments on branch or customer trucks.
- Receives, verifies, stages, stocks, and inventories all incoming material.
- Provides input/feedback on personnel decisions (interviews, performance) as appropriate.
- Assists with product returns, including product inspection, restock/re-inventory, disposal, etc.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing requests, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer; maintains necessary documentation for shipping/receiving.
- Assists in counting of physical inventory per company and branch procedures; Assists with resolving overstocking and other related issues.
- Prepares packages for shipment via UPS/FedEx and common motor freight carrier.
- Ensures warehouse, dock, and parking lot areas are maintained and clean.
- Safely utilizes PIT (power industrial trucks) equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move. product throughout the warehouse. May be required to use RF scanner depending on branch operating system.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust and mop. Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment, including order picking, shipping and receiving, and cycle counting.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must have proficient computer skills; previous experience with an ERP system (i.e. Eclipse, Mincron) is an asset.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment.
- Must be able to learn quickly and have a desire to succeed.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify solutions with minimal assistance.
- Regular, timely attendance is required to meet customer needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, stand/walk for up to 8 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer