UX Design Intern
UX Design Intern - Remote Summer Internship 2021
Morsco is looking for an energetic and passionate User experience Design intern who is an excellent communicator and can identify opportunities for improvement, innovation and impact. As part of the Digital solutions UX Design team, you will be involved at various stages of the design process, from discovery to development handoff.
What You’ll Do
- User Research: You will assist in planning and conducting user research (both Qualitative and Quantitative) and presenting insights on current user experience
- Design: You will create design artifacts that reflect the user experience of our users and use prototyping techniques to develop, validate and iterate
- Collaboration: You’ll be working collaboratively with product managers, designers and developers to identify user problems and design innovative solutions
- Usability testing: You will assist in moderated or unmoderated usability testing
This role will be remote for summer 2021 (starting May through August) but candidates should be open to working in Dallas if they are converted to a full-time employee after graduation.
- The internship will be 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, during normal business hours.
- You will receive a company laptop to borrow for the duration of your internship.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
To be successful
- Currently pursuing a degree in HCI, UX and/or design related degrees
- A project or portfolio to demonstrate their understanding of the design process & visual design
- Experience with design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Axure, etc.,
- Should be comfortable working in a very dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Passionate about design and takes the initiative to learn independently and proactively contribute to the success of the team
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in broad areas relating to user experience, technology and design
- Ability to successfully interact with users (internal and external), quickly assimilate new information and manage expectations of others
- Prepare thoughtful documentation on the designed experience to assist in smooth transition from design team to our IT or engineering partners
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer