Trainee - Fortiline
-The purpose of the Trainee position is to prepare individuals over a 12 month period for an Inside Sales or Estimator role, and longer-term, potentially Branch Manager, Outside Sales, or Corporate role, as their knowledge, experience, and performance allows. The Trainee will be cross-trained in core business functions to include, but not limited to, warehouse operations, product delivery, sales, and customer relationships/service. Trainees will also be exposed to branch level accounting, inventory management, human resources, safety/compliance, and customer invoicing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Focus
- Learn and understand the systems and processes necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the branch and its inventory.
- Work with walk-in customers regarding questions on orders, quotes and/or job specifications.
- Learn and assist with take offs, enter bids and process submittals.
- Contact customer following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Generating new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Working closely with vendors to make sure product shipment /delivery dates are adhered to and communicate appropriately to the customer of any changes.
- Timely and accurate data entry of sales orders and/or purchase orders into the Mincron system.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by Fortiline in the course of working in the warehouse, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Provide support to the branch manager in the operation of the location. Receive and stock material on shelves, maintain showroom and warehouse areas to provide a clean and safe environment to shop and work in.
- Learn purchasing function and inventory control processes.
- Learn shipping and delivery procedures.
- Training Plan
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
- Progress through trainee program by following the training plan and meeting regularly with an assigned mentor.
- Safely utilize PIT equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move product. May be required to use a RF scanner depending on branch operating system.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping trucks, shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer