Tech Lead (Digital Projects) - MORSCO
-The role of the Tech Lead is to lead the design, build and technical operations of the Morsco digital customer experience channels (web and mobile), and build and lead an engineering team to support the ongoing growth and evolution of the Morsco digital product strategy. As the lead technologist in the Digital space, the Tech Lead owns the overall architecture of the solution, the tech stack, the tooling and all engineering-related strategic choices.
The Tech Lead shares accountability for realising the Morsco digital product strategy with the Digital Product Manager and User Experience Lead; together, the three leaders will need to define ways of working to ensure the right balance between speed, quality and cost.
The Tech Lead will play a key role in building a product engineering team, and in coaching, mentoring and managing that engineering team. The Tech Lead sets the tone of the engineering culture.
Beyond the Product Manager and UX Lead, the Tech Lead will need to collaborate and build strong relationships with the broader Technology function and particularly the ERP and data teams.
What we build (and why)
- Participate in the development of the product strategy led by the Product Manager and in collaboration with the UX Lead, particularly focused on providing ideas on how new technology can create value and informing complexity/cost decisions
- Translate the product strategy and roadmap for the engineering team; inspire and excite them about the customer and business outcomes we are trying to achieve
- Stay on the cutting edge (not the bleeding edge) of technology trends and practices, bringing in the right level of innovation balanced against the need for speed of delivery
How we build and run it
- Define and own the overall architecture, including tech stack, infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline and security. You will need to collaborate with the broader Technology organisation to ensure our digital stack co-exists well within the broader Morsco technology environment.
- Define the ways of working for delivery alongside Product and UX, ensuring that work flows smoothly from Discovery/ideation into production
- Be accountable for the operations of the digital products including monitoring and alerting architecture, technical support and constant improvements in uptime and speed
- Accountable for successful delivery of all product features
Leading a great team
- Responsible for hiring an engineering team and day-to-day management of that team. Find and bring in great tech talent.
- Coach and mentor the engineering team, both technically and non-technically.
communication & presentation
- A strong verbal and written communicator, actively seeking to share information, encourage discussion and timely communication using the appropriate channels
- Ability to present confidently and informatively.
- Understand the audience and being able to shape and field questions comfortably
relationship and rapport building
- Develop relationships with customers and the Reece branch network
- Utilize emotional intelligence to establish and build strong relationships, understand client needs and generate (and follow up) leads
organization and planning
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize many competing tasks
- Plan and organize work so that it is completed efficiently and with an active problem-solving mentality
uses digital technology
- Pioneering technology and relevant tools such as BCI, SalesForce and our very own maX will play a crucial part in the success of this role
- Understanding the tools our customers use and being able to promote these tools is imperative
relevant industry experience
- Experience in a relevant industry such as construction, design, real estate, hardware or home and lifestyle retail
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer