Systems Sr. Analyst - MORSCO
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst. This position includes system design and architecture, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The role will be responsible for implementing and analyzing complex systems, which includes planning development, testing, and deployment processes, and reporting progress to the Systems and Test Engineering Manager.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives
- Writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process
- Independently gather business requirements.
- Develop and recommend functional solutions and business process changes where applicable.
- Conduct design/code review sessions.
Testing & User Acceptance:
- Obtain user sign off and track change requests.
- Lead user acceptance/training phase of projects.
- Compile testing results and track issues.
- Provide general support for the business during user acceptance testing.
- Provides support for business during implementation and ongoing support.
- Assist in training activities.
- Assists in the project close and transition of the project to the support team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering;
- Experience in the design of major business computer systems or implementation and/or management of major software systems is required.
- Direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Gathering requirements and in documenting business, process and data flows
- Systems development life cycle including issue, risk and scope management
- Have experience with SysML/MBSE Modeling ToolsSysML
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively
- This position does not provide sponsorship. All applicants should either be US Citizens or Permanent Residents eligible to work in the US without immigration restrictions
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody or Cameo/Magic Draw
Embrace the Culture
- Embrace the company purpose and live the values - behavior and action consistently demonstrate the values
- Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
- Spend time developing strong working relationships, providing feedback, information and support needed to enable individuals to achieve their best
- Actively participate in Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to develop and grow
- Drive the quarterly theme and key activities within your function that align back to the overall annual or quarterly objectives of the company
- Actively participate in meetings
Support the implementation of the Strategy
- Clearly understand each strategic pillar and the target outcomes
- Reinforce the Strategy:
- Pillar One - Customer Focus - Being the primary supplier to all our customers by providing them with the very best customized service
- Pillar Two - People & Leadership - Creating an environment that allows our people to discover their best and live the MORSCO Values
- Pillar Three - Continuous Improvement - Developing & implementing best practice, intuitive single systems
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer