Supply Chain Analyst/Project Lead - MORSCO
-Responsible for implementing Supply Chain / Inventory Projects as well as creating and analyzing data and reports to deliver continuously improving results in total cost to serve, inventory right sizing, and improving service metrics.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Project Leader: ~50% of time
oPlans, organizes and leads the project implementation across the supply chain.
oDeveloping project implementation plan, engaging with other leaders as necessary, and implementing change.
oImplements projects on time, on budget, that deliver expected results.
oCollaborates well with other departments to ensure projects are thorough, integrated, and sustainable.
oAble to develop/ implement new SOPs, new roles and responsibilities, and implement new technology.
oTravels to branches or DC’s to provide support for Supply Chain or Inventory opportunities as needed.
* Analyst: ~50% of time
oAnalyzes data and trends to identify performance gaps and opportunities to improve performance.
oExecutes forecast demand modeling.
oCreates and runs inventory and supply chain reports, and publishes them in a way that are visual and effective.
oCollaborates and influences the Data Solutions team to automate new reports and integrate into Power BI, or other tools to be easy to use and sustainable.
oDigs deep into data to identify unforeseen correlations, trends, opportunities that lead to new initiatives, item settings, or other projects to improve total cost to serve, inventory optimization, or service metrics.
* Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Current purchasing/buying and operations experience with MORSCO, or 3-5 Years of professional purchasing/buying and supply chain experience in the Plumbing Distribution Industry and/or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s Degree education and experience.
* Advanced computer skills including Solar/eTerm Eclipse and MS Office products.
* Project Leadership- Effective change leadership, collaboration, and communication skills with peers and branch personnel.
* Solid mathematical skills.
* Takes initiatives without being told, and listens and responds effectively to coaching.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Able to travel up for project implementation, potentially, a week at a time. But less than 50% total time.
* Job is based in the Addison location.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Must present a professional image at all times
* Ability to work with branch and support center personnel to achieve company metrics
* Ability to work with supplier representatives.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to prioritize and organize.
* Customer service focused.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer