Software Engineering Intern - Fall 2021
Software Engineering Intern - Virtual Internship Fall 2021
Morsco is offering virtual internships this Fall
- You will not need to relocate as you will be working remotely
- You will receive a company laptop to borrow for the duration of your internship
- The internship will be 20-40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, during normal business hours.
- Starting August through December 2021
Interns will have the opportunity to work with our Business Analysts and Software Architects to actively define the requirements for an application in JIRA and Confluence. Throughout the development of the project interns will be able to verify their requirements are translated into the application by learning Quality Assurance techniques.
- This role will be remote for remote internship, but candidates should be open to working in Dallas if they are converted to a full-time employee after graduation. The position is within the Digital Solutions Software Engineering team.
- A successful intern should possess an understanding of computer science, computer information system or related field of within an engineering discipline. They should understand basic concepts such as programming, operating systems, and the software development life cycle. This career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of software engineering on extremely technical and challenging work.
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments and social engineering assessment
- Build internal scripts, tools and methodologies to enhance our capabilities
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology
- Technical skills in at least two of the following areas: ReactJS, ReactNative, Java Programming, and Web Development or Mobile Development required
- Source code review for control flow
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external) and manage expectations of others
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer