Software Development Manager
The Morsco Digital Solutions team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about mobile apps and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the design and development of various initiatives. You will manage and lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
This position provides the functional management responsibilities for a group of software engineering personnel. This position will be responsible for personnel management and career development and should have a strong desire to help others succeed. The successful candidate will plan, develop, and coordinate employee training and professional development requirements. This role will perform management activities for employees in the group, including performance reviews, career development, resource allocation, and recognition. This position will help develop and improve engineering processes applicable to the department.
- Responsible for helping develop department standards, best practices and processes for the Engineering organization, enforcing its application, and capturing and codifying tacit knowledge.
- Support collection and analysis of metrics related to software performance, along with associated process improvements.
- Responsible for manpower forecasting, employee hiring, training, career development planning, and any disciplinary activities.
- Helps manage departmental project and overhead budgets.
- Develops the technical competence in staff to close skill gaps and to achieve satisfactory succession planning.
- Owns key initiatives & deliverables
- Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
- Lead the strategic alignment of application development roadmaps to application and enterprise strategies
- Supervise a team of 5 employees along with contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
- 4+ years of experience with leading and managing teams
- Strong engineering leadership experience with software lifecycle and system integration experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Experience in proposal development and preparing defendable Basis of Estimates.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A decisive leader and change agent who will defend his/her decision.
- Exposure to or experience with microservice architectures
- Exposure to or experience with Agile software development
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related advanced degree preferred.
- Exposure to or experience with cloud architectures
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer