Showroom Sales Consultant
Primary responsibility of the Showroom Consultant role is to achieve sales and margin targets within the categories we display. This individual provides remarkable end-to-end experiences for end users as well as develops long-lasting relationship with designers, smaller custom builders, and high-end remodelers as part of the eco-system.
Secondary responsibility is nurturing leads to develop portfolio of business consisting of designers, smaller custom builders (<5homes per year), and high-end remodelers.
* Achieve sales targets by delivering remarkable service by consistently following the sales process: qualify, quote, overcoming obstacles, close the sale and follow up post-sale.
* Achieve product gross product targets by qualifying customers to understand their business needs and apply/utilize appropriate pricing rate cards.
* Grow customer base within company targets, Average Monthly Active Accounts.
* Monitor current sales trends and product performance results, utilizing company reports to analyse trends and develop plans to qualify and engage new customers.
* Enthusiastically promote all categories we display including but not limited to: appliances, plumbing and outdoor grilling.
* Provide solutions based on customer needs; delight by offering solutions they may not have considered leveraging market trends, new product information, and design-based thinking.
* Develop strong relationships with designers, small custom builders, and high-end remodelers by understanding their business model/needs and applying our unique value proposition.
* Prepare error-free quotes and spec/picture books within 1 business day of customer meeting or interaction. Communicate with customer if expectation cannot be met and provide updated timeline.
* Follow up post-quote within customer expectations in order to identify potential obstacles in earning the business.
* Convert quote to order and procure products following our standard operating procedures for sales orders, including cash handling.
* Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge in order to remain relevant and viewed as best in industry.
* Attend showroom functions, CEUs, and events as means to acquire leads.
* Develops and sustains sales relationships within the remodel/new custom build eco-system by networking and influencing key decision makers to attain sale and create new accounts.
* Mine showroom floor for new leads, utilizing end user contacts and proactively developing relationships.
* Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Showroom Support, and Network Development Representatives.
* Responds with urgency and within 1 business day.
* Attend daily huddles with manager and monthly touch bases.
* Communicate daily to support function on backorder concerns and task to be completed by the Showroom Consultant Support.
* Readily shares ideas, trends, and customer feedback in positive manner to improve upon current processes.
* Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization and establishes relationships and working partnerships with all levels.
* Daily monitor and manage calling & trouble queues and past due orders report. on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
* Weekly track sales progress and complete assigned training.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards consistent with good judgement, company policy and objectives
* Assist with credit and collections of accounts receivable as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned
* Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information concisely.
* Strong written skills in order to respond professional and concisely via email.
* Maintain composure and demonstrate urgency to give customer confidence that their issue(s) can be resolved timely.
* Listen to understand the core issue and demonstrate empathy.
* Upward communication on trends, vendor issues, etc.
* Collaborates with Support and Network Consultants openly
* Ability to persuade and influence purchase decisions.
* Solution-based selling demonstrating value beyond order taking.
* Adopt Reece product & sales training.
TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
* Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Ability to prioritize customers based on deadlines.
* Self-structure to manage workload, creating tasks.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
* 3 years in sales with demonstrated success
* Preferred experience in home furnishings or home improvement or complex sales cycle
* Preferred experience with higher-end products/services
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: REQ-03854