Safety Specialist - MORSCO Support Center
-The Safety Specialist will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the safety department functions and duties.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively support Team Member engagement in support of a strong safety-always culture
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety company, local, state, federal, and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Manage Health and Safety reporting requirements (OSHA, DOT, Workers’ Compensation, etc)
- Manage Workers’ Compensation claims, including reporting, investigation and liaison with adjudicators/injured individuals
- Support the implementation of health and safety strategies, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct periodic audits of potentially hazardous work areas, process operations, work practices, and procedures.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data and provide recommendations of appropriate countermeasures.
- Manage EHS Training Program, including annual review of program, development and presentation of training materials.
- Manage random drug testing program
- Serve as first point of contact for field questions related to Health and Safety
- Maintain records on DOT driver/vehicle examination reports
- Report and manage vehicle accidents
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Health & Safety or related field highly desired
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant work experience in a safety role
- Must have knowledge of OSHA, DOT and other regulatory requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and influence others
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify solutions with minimal assistance
- Must possess strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer