Release Train Engineer Sr. Professional - MORSCO
The Morsco Digital Solutions Team is seeking a talented Release Train Engineer. The RTE will be responsible for ensuring teams and programs live Agile values and principles and follows processes and practices that the teams agree they will use within Agile (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) frameworks to self-organize while delivering value to customers. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and champions the Agile mindset through effective guidance, coaching, education and through removal of impediments to team progress. This role is responsible for building high-performing teams focused on constantly improving team dynamics and performance. Scrum Masters at the Senior level demonstrate a deeper understanding of Agile delivery, product knowledge and the ability to influence multiple teams and practices.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Provides hands-on facilitation of major Agile ceremonies across multiple development teams; consults and coaches teams (including the Product Owner) to support a smooth transformation to Agile practices.
- Enables continuous improvement and facilitates communication across teams to proactively manage dependencies and remove impediments and establish standards for Agile processes and tools.
- Supports efforts to resolve systemic impediments that continually block teams within their organization.
- Supports and educates product owners and product managers, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog and decision making.
- Ensures effective communication within and across teams and Programs; schedules and facilitates cross-functional meetings, and ensures appropriate progress tools, information radiators, and reports effectively provide transparency on team's (or multiple teams') or Program's progress/productivity.
- Performs risk, issue, and dependency management for the teams and/or program and ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensures release management practices align to enterprise standards and leverages existing change management routines as needed.
- Acts as Agile SME to teams, departmental teams, product owners, and management. Participates in Scrum Master community of practice and mentors other Scrum Masters.
- For technology related efforts: Understands release-when ready, test-driven development, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and guides team on leveraging them.
- Actively participates in Community of Practice discussions across different functional areas and Agile Release Trains (ARTs), as well as facilitates sessions on different topics of interest across the community
- Adheres to Enterprise Project management Office (EPMO) processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Bachelor's degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of directly related experience in process improvement, project management, software engineer, or business/requirements analysis with at least 4 years as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, or has development experience working in a similar role in a lean or Scrum environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with multiple Agile delivery frameworks (e.g., Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean, SAFe, DevOps).
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management frameworks, including experience to identify and mitigate risks.
- One or more Agile certification(s) such as: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Agile Certified Professional (ACP), or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or SAFe Agilist (SA).
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
- At least 2 years of experience as a project manager (waterfall methodologies)
- At least 2 years of experience as a Release Train Engineer
- At least 1 year of experience of driving Agile transformations
- At least 1 year of experience of forming an Agile Release Train
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Rally (formerly Agile Central) or other Agile tools
- SAFe Release Train Engineer (SRTE) 5.0
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) 5.0
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) 5.0
- PMI Project Management Professional
Embrace the Culture
- Embrace the company purpose and live the values - behavior and action consistently demonstrate the values
- Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
- Spend time developing strong working relationships, providing feedback, information and support needed to enable individuals to achieve their best
- Actively participate in Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to develop and grow
- Drive the quarterly theme and key activities within your function that align back to the overall annual or quarterly objectives of the company
- Actively participate in meetings
Support the implementation of the Strategy
- Clearly understand each strategic pillar and the target outcomes
- Reinforce the Strategy:
- Pillar One - Customer Focus - Being the primary supplier to all our customers by providing them with the very best customized service
- Pillar Two - People & Leadership - Creating an environment that allows our people to discover their best and live the MORSCO Values
- Pillar Three - Continuous Improvement - Developing & implementing best practice, intuitive single systems
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer