-Much of the paralegal’s time will be spent in many facets of transactional and corporate law-- reviewing the terms and conditions of purchase orders and sales agreements. The paralegal will carry out routine tasks such as updating company files, reviewing documents, assist with subpoena requests, legal correspondence and providing legal support to the Waterworks business unit. The corporate paralegal may handle executive summaries and directives and may also may be called on to assist with company compliance issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts, revises, reviews terms & conditions of purchase and sale and occasionally commercially commercial leases.
- Build, develop, and support business relationships vital to the success of the company.
- Provide legal information for prequalification applications, proposals and annual reports.
- Write and prepare correspondence and compliance reports with oversight from General Counsel.
- Gather and organize evidence, information for matters as assigned by the General Counsel. Researching and organizing documents, interviewing witnesses, analyzing data, and preparing chronologies and narratives.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to evaluate documents and prepare presentation material related to construction, product liability and insurance claims.
- Draft, track, and process contracts, master service agreements.
- Create and maintain a catalog of preferred subcontractors and their required business and insurance qualifications.
- Manage and develop responses to subpoenas and document discovery as necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in special legal projects and project strategy meetings that relate to contract issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies is required (Bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- Completed LPC
- Minimum 4 years’ experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Must have thorough knowledge of MS Office, PDF applications and experience with document management software
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Industry recognized certification from organizations such as NALA or AACP
- Knowledge in the implementation and utilization of contract database software
- Experience in Wholesale Distribution environment.
- Knowledge in factual research, document analysis, filings, drafting documents, coordinating document production.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer