Operations Manager - Property Team
Property Operations Manager
The Property Operations Manager is a member of the Property Team and is principally responsible to quarterback, coordinate and liaise between the Reece Support Center (RSC) stakeholders/departments and field leadership as it relates to the operations, development of new locations, maintenance of existing locations and to develop and document effective processes.
Key responsibilities of the Property Team include the development and maintenance of properties with expertise in real estate, site acquisition, leasing, building development, construction, design, facilities management, renovation, repair & maintenance, planogramming and associated project/program management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary Point of Contact (POC) at the Support Center (RSC) and trusted partner for field leadership and branch managers as it relates to setting up new branches and all the other critical path items
- Quarterback, champion and communicate the timing, scope, deliverables and sequencing of schedules as it relates to new branch openings, relocations, and closures
- Collaborate and provide field requirements and subject matter expertise (SME) and feedback to design, construction and facilities leadership
- Solutions oriented - develops networks and builds strategic alliances, collaborates across boundaries to cultivate relationship, and influence key stakeholders at the RSC to achieve mutual goals
- Foster a positive environment for change as we work to centralized services and let the field leadership focus on customer service and selling
- Ongoing process development, refinement, automation and implementation of best practice and intuitive single system approach
- Technology transformation - provide appropriate, effective technology, business systems and communication tools for maximum impact, accuracy, and improved workflow
- Establish measurable outcomes and performance metrics (KPIs) with appropriate balance of responsibility and accountability
- Quickly act on situations and properties which are not operating within established expectations
- Continuously identify areas for improvement across how metrics of success, reporting, processes, and overall real estate portfolio management
- Liaise with internal customers/stakeholders and cross functional team members
- Interface regularly with internal leaders to strengthen relationships, maintain knowledge of real-time and future needs of the business, and provide exceptional customer service
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to improve clarity, consistency, and quality of our programs and deliverables as well as improving clarity to existing processes.
- Identify and implement training needs for both the field and RSC functional workgroups
- Track business performance targets and ensure objectives/ targets are achieved to quality standards/ timelines and budgets identified
- Leverage customer, sales, and industry data and analytics for data driven decision
- Develop recommendations for the branches that maximize distribution, customer engagement and overall fiscal performance
- Implement a sustainable operations support strategy in both short and long-term planning that aligns with company goals and objectives
- Contribute to providing best in class solutions with alignment to company strategic priorities and objectives
- Stay informed with latest trends, technology, tools and systems to achieve best in class solutions
- In down time, work collaboratively with the audit team and field leadership to improve low audit and underperforming branches
- Maintain ethical business working relationships, lead by example when coaching field leadership on our processes while embracing company values
- Support special corporate initiatives such as new workplace standards, office relocations, remodel and refresh programs, and real estate activities resulting from mergers and acquisitions
- Develop transparent, measurable and executable business plans for needed solutions and strategic or tactical requests as it relates to the Property Team core functions
Specific Job Requirements
- Chair and host regular pipeline meetings and other cross collaborative sessions, with routine presentations to strategic leaders
- Visit branches/ sites as required to evaluate work and performance (where required)
- Ensure operational processes align and comply with OSHA, ADA and Building Code standards
- Adherence to annual program budgets, individual project-based budgets, both opex and capex
- Support new initiatives as it relates to annual branch build program aligned with the company's growth plan, and while implementing best practices, reduced implementation costs, optimized life-cycle costs, and improved cycle times
- Understanding and adherence to Six Sigma methodology
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to improve clarity, consistency, and quality of our programs and deliverables as well as improving clarity to existing processes. Opportunity validation, scope development, role/responsibility clarification (RASCI), business case and charter. Gap analysis, value added analysis, FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis), VOC (voice of customer), CCR (critical customer requirements), communication plan, implementation planning, control planning, and cause/effect analysis.
KEY SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Relationship Building - Customer focused, has the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the SLT, support office managers and staff, Operations managers and staff, customers and suppliers.
Financial Acumen - Understand appropriate financial measures and use them to make informed business decisions.
Communication - Actively seek and share information, encourage discussion and timely communication using various communication methods. Will take responsibility for ensuring that their people have the current and accurate information needed for success.
Functional/Technical Expertise - Bachelor’s degree or tertiary qualifications in operations, store management or multisite management preferred. Has relevant knowledge and skills with industry experience and at least 7 years’ experience in roles within the field of operations.
Presentation Skills - Organized and detail oriented; thorough in data analysis and presentation. Ability to present effectively to inform an audience, using current presentation technologies and media formats. Able to field audience questions comfortably and confidently.
Technology Savvy - Use technology effectively, seeking ways to use technology for the good of the business. Will be proactive in investigating and adopting new technologies to achieve competitive advantage.
Drive innovation - Not afraid to challenge the status quo, constantly look at turning ideas into solutions that adds value to the business.
Organizing and planning - Has strong organizing and planning skills, can manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgment.
Influence - Ability to gain buy-in on target objectives, proficient at influencing and motivating staff to be the best they can be.
Results Orientation - Can focus on outcomes that align with the business plan, are motivated by achievement, and persist until the goal is reached.
Team management - Create and maintain high performing teams, understanding the way a team is formed and maintained.
Conflict management - Comfortable with healthy conflict and support and manage differences of opinion. Stop destructive competition or friction and use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer