Network Engineer II
-MORSCO is seeking talented a individual for the position of Network Engineer. This position offers an opportunity for a passionate, motivated individual to work with distributed, enterprise-level information systems and IT networks with a focus on maintaining security, enhancing scalability, and expanding core functionality. This position is based at Morsco’s Addison, Texas location. This role offers a unique opportunity for experienced individuals to demonstrate proven skills and techniques, grounded in a solid foundation in industry best practices, in an environment that is growing rapidly. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, but availability to work nontraditional or weekend hours is required.
Technical Skills & Job Responsibilities:
- Desired Certifications - CCNP (Wireless, R&S, Security)
- MPLS and WAN Technologies
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Cisco IOS/NXOS
- Data center technologies such as VPC, FEX, blade switches and servers.
- BGP, EIGRP, VLANs, HSRP, RSTP, DHCP, DNS, and SNMP
- Cisco 2960S, 2960X, 3750X, 7k/5k/2k switches
- Cisco 3900 ISR routers
- Cisco IOS recovery, upgrade, and backup
- Cisco light weight access points and wireless controllers
- General technical Knowledge in Windows server 2008-2012 Hyper-V networking, Active directory, and DNS
- Networking Management systems like Cisco ISE, Prime, WLC
- Security certificates
- Layer 7 Firewalls for web and application filtering, A/V scanning
- F5 (LTM & GTM) load balancers
- LAN/WAN design and architecture in an enterprise environment
- Network management and troubleshooting tools such as syslog and Solar Winds.
- Network capacity planning
- Direct implementations working with remote personnel and locations
- Create and/or knowledge of scripting languages desired*
- Experience Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting both network hardware and software.
- Knowledgeable with various physical layer technologies (SFPs, MM/SM fiber, cat5/6, etc.)
- Ability to plan and direct long term network strategy
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot highly complex and/or technical problems
Soft Skills & Personality
- Customer service attitude
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to work with little or no oversight
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with vendors for cabling needs
- Ability to engage and work with VARs for software/hardware purchases and technical engagements.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to engage with customers, manufacturer partners, and internal staff
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Project management and time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Minimum 7 years of LAN/WAN Network Engineering experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting network equipment including Cisco routers and switches
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer