Marketing Lead - MORSCO
The role of the Bathroom & Kitchen Marketing Lead is to help win, keep and grow our consumer base in core and adjacent markets by creating the most valuable, innovative and differentiated customer experience.
Driving the overall direction for brand, customer experience and growth based on deep customer insights and market understanding. The primary partner for network Operations and Merchandising.
This role will be the engagement thought leader across the customer segments and will be expected to support the segments in the creation of segment specific engagement and content strategies.
The customer lead must live and breathe the customer. They must be a master storyteller who can work with and negotiate across the business to bring the consumer vision to life across our physical and digital channels. They must be able to paint the picture for change that is both commercially driven, customer focused and pragmatic while maintaining the perseverance to see our vision become reality.
An engagement expert with a design thinking, test and learn data ethos at their core, matched to a constant curiosity on how Reece can do this better for our consumers, underpins their mindset backed by an equivalent focus on delivery - in short, they must be comfortable "building the plane while flying"
Our industries and customers are all facing new challenges, seeking to adapt and embracing new opportunities. We need to change too - as a company and as a Marketing team.
We are evolving Marketing to ensure it can support our 2030 Strategy and be positioned for success.
This means we need new capabilities, new mindsets and new ways of working. We will continue to be customer obsessed. We will use data and insights to augment our cumulative acquired knowledge and branch-based relationships to deliver an even better customer experience.
- Contribute to the delivery of the 2030 Vision and Strategic Priorities working in conjunction with the VP Marketing, peers and team.
- Create and evolve the overarching Reece customer strategy
- Establish the approach to having a whole of consumer understanding including insights, data, segmentation, life-time value and growth opportunities
- Identify and deliver key projects aligned to the 2030 Vision that will deliver significant consumer outcomes and experiences
- Develop digital assets and experiences to enhance and differentiate the consumer experience.
- Build and co-ordinate a customer/data driven prioritisation process across Marketing, Merchandising and Operations including the establishment of quarterly customer project prioritisation process
- Contribute to the development of new services and customer experiences
Deliver forward thinking leadership
- Provide leadership to ensure the 2030 Strategy and Priorities are implemented successfully
- Lead by example the development of a data and metric led mindset across Customer and Marketing more broadly
- Ensure that areas within your control are led and managed in an ethical and socially responsible manner with due consideration for the interests of all stakeholders including shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which Reece has operations
Inspire positive culture change
- Develop a new strong culture founded on our values, with the right people and the right capabilities to bring the 2030 principles for success to life
- Support the development of fluid teams to deliver at pace and with agility and flexibility
- Develop and maintain a work environment that is conducive to attracting and retaining the right talent
- Lead a culture that fosters the health, safety and wellbeing of all people
Accelerate the Talent agenda
- Deliver clear succession planning and career development for the key roles in your remit by targeted hiring or accelerated internal development of talent
- Ensure that the key talent metrics improve in your team year on year
- Create a culture of high performance and provide coaching and development to enable each member of the team to achieve their potential
- Effectively deal with underperformance
Custodian of the Reece Brand
- Represent the company and its values with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Establish a strong customer centric strategy to align brand, customer experience and marketing across channels and layers to drive growth
KEY CAPABILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
BE A FORWARD LOOKING LEADER
- Lead the team in a way that role models our values and our culture of high performance
- Lead a step change in cross business collaboration
- Positively shape the culture towards innovation and winning
- Act as a role model of the culture, purpose and values of the business
- Demonstrate strong self-awareness and humility as a leader
- Shows the ability to deal with change and navigate the business through ambiguity
- Focus on developing talent and building the capability required to achieve our 2030 goals
- Show resilience and optimism in navigating business challenges and pressure
ROLE MODEL COLLABORATION AND A GROWTH MINDSET
- Focus on outcomes that align with delivery of the 2030 Strategy and Strategic Priorities
- Work hard and consistently set and deliver high standards
- Role model continuous personal development and learning
- Take accountability to achieve agreed outcomes, learn from mistakes and share learnings
SHOW CRITICAL THINKING
- Able to clarify and cut-through.
- Fluent in marketing, technology, operations and process to manage complexity, alignment and collaboration
DEMONSTRATE TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Use design thinking principles to gain customer insights and develop ideas to solve problems and create opportunities for our customers
- Have an innovator’s mindset, prepared to build, test, measure and iterate quickly
- Deep understanding of business, industry, markets and competitors. Aware of trends and changes and impact on customers and business
- Confident with technology. Aware of trends and technologies in customer insights, brand measurement, marketing automation and data driven creativity
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
BE A CONFIDENT & AUTHENTIC STORYTELLER
- Actively seek and shares information, encourage collaboration
- Invest time in being externally curious, explore and share learning that encourage new thinking and ideas
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer