At MORSCO, you’re part of a big family. We have a strong caring culture that supports each other, along with the communities where we live and work. We also believe every person has his or her own story. Individuality is what makes us great. We are part of an industry that plays an important role in the health of society. The future here is bright. And with us, you’re empowered to make a difference. Within a strong team environment, our people are encouraged to grow. We invest in their development both personally and professionally. With the right attitude, anyone can succeed with us. What you can accomplish here is limitless. Which is why for many or us this is our "forever company."
- Establish project governance and structure across all IT portfolios so that projects are prioritized and aligned to short- and long-term goals of the business
- Provide a centralized and standard reporting structure that delivers project/portfolio data to business stakeholders to make timely decisions on the success of IT investments
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Ensure that the programs and portfolios are aligned to operational and strategic objectives
- Developing resource planning and schedules to ensure resources are allocated to the right projects at the right time.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Program Managers and Business Analysts.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
- Collaborating with users and stakeholders
- Working closely with senior management, partners, clients and technicians
- This role is a Director position and will report directly to the VP of Business Systems.
- Influence - Applies different strategies to convince others to change their opinions or plans, and ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case.
- Analytic Ability - Can work with data to identify patterns, uses judgment to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on the crux of issues to identify high leverage intervention points and strategies
- Communication - Conveys complex and technical business issues to diverse audiences, and projects a highly credible, polished image in presentations and communications.
- Business Results Orientation - Seeks to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service.
- Learning Agility - Rapidly acquires new knowledge and learns new skills.
- Contribute to building a repository of tools, playbooks and best practices
- Create a ‘Centre of Excellence’ to nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices.
- Bachelors Degree
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches (e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology - PPM)
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Knowledge of project planning tools
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing "soft skills" or "people skills"
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer