The internship program at MORSCO is meant to provide students with a meaningful learning experience, while supplementing their schoolwork with workplace insights. Students will be cross-trained in our core business functions - warehouse operations, product delivery, sales, and customer relationships/service. This program also develops leadership, interpersonal skills, and MORSCO’s Values.
- Learn and understand the systems and processes necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the branch and its inventory.
- Work with customers regarding questions on orders, quotes and/or job specifications.
- Contact customer following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Generating new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Working closely with vendors to make sure product shipment /delivery dates are adhered to and communicate appropriately to the customer of any changes.
- Timely and accurate data entry of sales orders and/or purchase orders into the inventory management system.
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by MORSCO while working in the warehouse, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Provide support to the branch manager in the operation of the location by maintaining showroom and warehouse areas.
- Learn purchasing function and inventory control processes.
- Learn shipping and delivery procedures.
- Safely utilize PIT equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move product.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping trucks, shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Always organize warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
- Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message
- Listening actively to others
- Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities
- Crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs
- Promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value
- Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information
- Choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions
- Taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences
DRIVING FOR RESULTS
- Tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions
- Treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge
- Identifying and improving conditions that affect own and others’ safety
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer