Intern - MORSCO Inc.
-The internship program at MORSCO is meant to provide students with a meaningful learning experience, while supplementing their schoolwork with workplace insights. Students will be cross-trained in our core business functions - warehouse operations, product delivery, sales, and customer relationships/service. This program also develops leadership, interpersonal skills, and MORSCO’s Values.
Job ExpectationsJob Description
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Focus
- Learn and understand the systems and processes necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the branch and its inventory.
- Work with customers regarding questions on orders, quotes and/or job specifications.
- Contact customer following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Generating new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Working closely with vendors to make sure product shipment /delivery dates are adhered to and communicate appropriately to the customer of any changes.
- Timely and accurate data entry of sales orders and/or purchase orders into the inventory management system.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by MORSCO in the course of working in the warehouse, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Provide support to the branch manager in the operation of the location by maintaining showroom and warehouse areas.
- Learn purchasing function and inventory control processes.
- Learn shipping and delivery procedures.
- Safely utilize PIT equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move product.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping trucks, shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Training Plan
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Currently persuing Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Distribution, Business, Operations Management, Sales, or other related program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Must have proficient computer skills; previous experience with an ERP system (i.e. Eclipse, Mincron) is an asset
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to sell product to a wide range of customers both in-person and by phone
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment
- Must be able to learn quickly and have a desire to succeed
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify solutions with minimal assistance
- Regular, timely attendance is required to meet customer needs in an efficient and effective manner
Time TypeFull time
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: REQ-03448