General Accounting Manager - Morsco Inc.
-Responsible for leading the general accounting team and related functions for a multi-location retail and distribution corporation with an international parent company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure general accounting transactions (non inventory/cost of sales) are recorded in accordance with IFRS and company accounting policies.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end close and reporting within required timeframe.
- Provide leadership to accounting team. Provide training and education on accounting topics as necessary.
- Review reconciliations and journal entries for completeness and accuracy.
- Back up Fixed Asset functions in Workday GL.
- Prepare complex accruals and schedules and submit monthly and ad hoc financial reporting packages as directed by management.
- Ensure trial balance is complete and accurate.
- Maintenance of the accounting system including the chart of accounts, cost centers, new accounts, etc.
- Asset/Goodwill testing for external audit.
- Prepare audit schedules as required for interim and year end audits.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with company accounting policies.
- Analyze balance sheet and expenditure variances.
- Continued focus on improving accounting processes.
- Must be comfortable working with details and have the ability to summarize and present overall findings.
- Other duties as assigned to support the company and accounting function.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They should be:
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Driving process improvement.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license required.
- Minimum 8+ years of accounting experience with at least 3 years of supervisory or management experience (preferably a combination of public and industry accounting).
- Previous experience with IFRS preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Experience with multi-location corporations preferred. Inventory accounting experience preferred.
Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both the technical and lay level.
Ability to effectively apply IFRS accounting concepts and standards such as described by the job responsibilities described above.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand Balance Sheet and P&L reports, and isolate issues required.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required. Prior experience with fixed asset software preferred. Prior GL or ERP implementation experience a plus.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer