Front end Senior Developer
Front End Web Developer
The Digital Solutions team is looking for highly talented, Front End Developers to help accelerate our growing Digital Solutions products portfolio. We are looking skilled Front-End Web Engineer with a solid technical background, able work in a fast-paced environment primarily using the latest front-end development practices. Front-End Developers play a significant role on our engineering team, developing the user facing applications for our company’s websites, functional and mobile web applications. Front-End Developers collaborate openly in an Agile Software Development environment with other members of engineering and User Experience disciplines, including Full-Stack Engineers, QA, Interaction Designers and Creative Designers, as well as Program Managers. They participate in our UI development processes by establishing and documenting development standards and common components for common usage across all of our web applications.
Current technology stack:
Web Apps: React, Apollo Client, Java, GraphQL API, RestFul API, Elastic App Search
Internal Mobile Apps: ReactNative, Apollo Client, GraphQL API, RestFul API
Internal Api’s and Core Services: Graph QL, Express (Rest API), Node.js, Docker, Sprint Boot (Framework), JPA/Hibernate (ORM), Liquidbase (DB Migrations), Java and Docker
Eclipse Connector Service: ASP.net WebAPI 2, .NET framework 4.6, Windows Service Core 2019 and EC2
Search ETL: AWS Lamba, Step Functions, and Node.js
Infrastructure: Terraform and AWS config, Kubernates Core Services Orchestration,, EKS, Fargate (serverless Kubernates workers) and Helm
Software CM, CI/CD: GitHub, Circle CI, Octopus
- Architecting efficient and reusable Front-End systems that drive complex web applications.
- Identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues.
- Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to deliver compelling products and experiences to our customers.
- Delivering on your commitments to your project team and the business
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate is daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning, Estimating stories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 5+ years Front end development and 3+ years team lead level.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well in a team, project management, and technical leadership experience
- Experience with responsive web design
- In-depth knowledge and experience in using CSS3 (Less or SASS) and HTML5 (App Cache, Local storage, Geolocation, SQLite, Device Capabilities access).
- Experience developing web services using any of the following: Python, Java, Node.js, Ruby, Go, .NET or Scala
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js, Thymeleaf, etc.) and test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with newer capabilities of React.js, such as React Hooks and the Context API
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 7+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
- Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., a synchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
- Experience with AWS and/or cloud computing
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Good communication and presentation skills
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages, frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
Embrace the Culture
- Embrace the company purpose and live the values - behavior and action consistently demonstrate the values
- Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
- Spend time developing strong working relationships, providing feedback, information and support needed to enable individuals to achieve their best
- Actively participate in Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to develop and grow
- Drive the quarterly theme and key activities within your function that align back to the overall annual or quarterly objectives of the company
- Actively participate in meetings
Support the implementation of the Strategy
- Clearly understand each strategic pillar and the target outcomes
- Reinforce the Strategy:
- Pillar One - Customer Focus - Being the primary supplier to all our customers by providing them with the very best customized service
- Pillar Two - People & Leadership - Creating an environment that allows our people to discover their best and live the MORSCO Values
- Pillar Three - Continuous Improvement - Developing & implementing best practice, intuitive single systems
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer