Distribution Center Manager
-Embrace the Culture
* Embrace the company purpose and live the values - behavior and action consistently demonstrate the values
* Maintains distribution staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
* Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Directs transportation of finished goods and materials by developing methods and procedures for transporting products and supplies to customers and warehouses.
* Ensures white glove installation and delivery services standards are adhered to and managed to goals (for EHG).
* Determines routing and transportation methods by appraising current freight rates; analyzing all modes of transportation.
* Manages the assets required to operate a safe efficient facility, with proper maintenance, and asset replacement plans. Manages the budget and collaborates with support center stakeholders to plan and forecast the budgetary needs while maintaining safety requirements.
* Leads problem solving events or meetings that finds the root cause of obstacles, and implements continuous improvement strategies and actions to deliver improved results to hit goals.
* Collaborates effectively as well as holds other departments accountable for execution of SOP’s.
* Develops plans to make improvements in each area of responsibility. (Ques, KPIs, Safety, Facility, Customer Service, Whse Efficiency, Housekeeping, etc)
* Analyzes situations and is able to effectively make trade-off decisions that balance customer, people, cost, etc. decisions.
* Issues claims by investigating causes of damage, shortages, and freight overcharges.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Processes orders by supervising the scheduling of orders for shipment.
* Maintains billing of orders by supervising the preparation and verification of invoices.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
* Spend time developing strong working relationships, providing feedback, information and support needed to enable individuals to achieve their best
* Actively participate in Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to develop and grow
* Drive the quarterly theme and key activities within your branch that align back to the overall annual or quarterly objectives of the company
* Actively participate in meetings
Support the implementation of the Strategy
* Clearly understand each strategic pillar and the target outcomes
* Reinforce the Strategy:
-Pillar One - Customer Focus - Being the primary supplier to all our customers by providing them with the very best customized service
-Pillar Two - People & Leadership - Creating an environment that allows our people to discover their best and live the MORSCO Values
-Pillar Three - Continuous Improvement - Developing & implementing best practice, intuitive single systems
* Implement all relevant company policies, procedures and guidelines
* Adopt safe work practices
* Ensure new initiatives and changes to company strategy or policy are effectively communicated and implemented throughout the MORSCO organization
Custodian of the MORSCO local market brand
* Take ownership and contribute to the delivery of service, quality, relationships and expertise
* Implement the Service Standards by having the right behaviors, actions and doing the simple things great everyday
* Demonstrate commitment to creating customers for life
Bachelors Degree preferred
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer