Director of Safety - MORSCO Support Center
-The Director of Safety will oversee Health, Safety, Environment and DOT safety compliance for all MORSCO locations including oversight and direction on safety and environmental policies, programs, procedures and governance to ensure compliance and consistency. The Director will drive a MORSCO Safety Culture as a core value to the business with a strong acumen to support operations in day-to-day activities and projected growth.
- Assess current health, safety and compliance programs, processes and culture; identify, develop, implement and continuously improve strategic and tactical plans for safety and compliance programs with a proactive, behavior-based approach and a strong emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Partner with operations and executive leadership to identify, create and implement strategic direction and proactive initiatives that will improve and instill safety/compliance performance to minimize risks and liabilities and always promote a Safety culture.
- Direct programs in a multi-state operation that ensure compliance with Company policy and government regulations (OSHA, DOT, etc.), including DOT Drug/Alcohol Programs, mandatory training, employee certifications, etc.
- Manage incident investigations, root-cause analysis, follow-up, and closure of action items, and leverage these instances for learning across organization for all accidents
- Manage reporting requirements for federal and state agencies (OSHA, DOT), ensuring compliance, accuracy and timely submission
- Manage all Workers’ Compensation claims, including claim appeal and monthly premium administration. Proactively identify opportunities to best manage and reduce accident frequency, costs and premium liability
- Review pending and upcoming changes to federal and state regulations to ensure the company is prepared for future compliance requirements. Attend safety seminars, training, and association meetings to stay up to date with regulation & compliance
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Health and Safety; Masters’ Degree in Health and Safety is an asset.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role, with a minimum 5 years’ in a Manager role or above.
- Must have experience in a distribution environment including responsibility for DOT-related safety actions
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and proactively implement practical and feasible corrective measures
- Previous experience managing Workers’ Compensation claims, with a proven track record of cost/premium management and reduction
- Ability to develop, analyze and act on health and safety KPIs on a monthly basis
- Strong PC skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet with the ability to learn new programs
- Must have strong decision-making skills with the ability to analyze information and determine appropriate actions
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong influencing skills, with a proven ability to engage leaders and associates to embrace a safety culture
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer