Director of Procurement and Inventory
Director of Procurement and Inventory
Responsible for leading the total company inventory strategy and procurement team to effectively manage the inventory parameters, to deliver corporate and regional inventory, service, and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement / Inventory Leadership
- Develops and leads the inventory strategy including: demand planning, erp system settings, forward looking plans to deliver inventory and in stock service goals, excess inventory goals and processes, company capability needs to deliver goals, etc.
- Leads and develops the inventory team to continuously improve their skills, processes, and results as a support function to enable branches and DC operations to meet corporate goals.
- Takes initiative with industry trends to develop changes, projects, new information to continuously improve results and capability that improve inventory levels, service levels, and improve total cost to serve.
- Daily review of stock outs on MABIS and critical items.
- Meet or exceed defined MABIS and service level for branch, region, company
- Meet or exceed defined inventory days on hand for branch, region, company.
- Ensure accuracy of replenishment system data i.e. (lead-time, forecasting, standard package and buy multiplies).
- Maintain min/max data base and reporting on expiring mins
- "Ownership" of buy price for branches and/or assigned supplier lines not managed by product maintenance team. I.E. Package quantities, volume discount, etc.
- Work with branches, category managers and suppliers on special buys i.e. (big buys) in an effort to enhance and/or protect margins and maintain acceptable inventory levels.
- DC procurement/replenishment
- Create, maintain and excuted RGA calendar
- Negotiate returns on requests received from branches for all returns that are not pre-negotiated.
- Monitor sales trends to identify inventory setting changes
- Manage monthly product redistribution process.
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Current purchasing/buying experience with MORSCO, or 7-10 Years of professional purchasing/buying experience in the Plumbing Distribution Industry and/or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s Degree education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Solar/eTerm Eclipse and MS Office products.
- Effective communication skills with peers and branch personnel and able to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Solid mathematical skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times
- Ability to work with branch and support center personnel to achieve company metrics
- Ability to work with supplier representatives.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer