Director of Contracts - MORSCO
- Ensure ongoing alignment with business and sales teams and assist in issue-spotting and problem-solving for potential legal issues relating to agreements with major builders, engineering firms and other Business-to-Business providers throughout the markets we serve.
- Review, mark-up/draft (from forms and from scratch), negotiate and close commercial contracts, including sales and purchase agreements with our external customers, services agreements, statements of work, licenses, RFP responses, and supporting documents across the business units.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
- Supervise, Manage and collaborate with in-house paralegal and company business units to develop contract strategies.
- Develop best practices to enhance contracts review processes.
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal/commercial contract advice directly to business clients.
- Support business clients in negotiating price, deliverables, services scope, warranty and other commercial terms.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to maximize revenues, minimize risk and foster long-term client relationships
- Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision-making among the Contracts team, Finance team, business teams and other internal teams.
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of corporate and commercial contracts law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in handling regulatory matters, including Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is a plus.
- Business-oriented analytical and research skills required.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and other experience demonstrating ability to handle and close legal negotiations with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated success in working in a high-performing, results-driven, fluid and collegial corporate culture.
- Demonstrated ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in a US state or DC.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department; in-house corporate legal department experience preferred.
- Distribution or Construction Industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate laws.
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer