Data Scientist - MORSCO Inc.
- Research and utilize Machine Learning (ML) and NLP frameworks and libraries to train NLP models with internal and external datasets
- Prototype and develop NLP-enabled, services and components
- Builds and deploys solutions using deep learning and NLP technologies
- Demo new product features to stakeholders
- Ability to understand business requirements, collaborate with team, provide ideas, and clearly present new findings and solutions
- Able to build analytics solution from scratch. Includes data exploration, extraction, cleaning, transformation, modelling, testing and implementation
- Work with teams to design and build cloud hosted, automated pipelines that run, monitor, and retrain ML Models for business applications
- Optimize and refactor development code so that it can be moved to production
- Build ETL Pipelines for new and existing models
- Requisition cloud infrastructure for model and pipeline development environments
- relate business use cases to appropriate technologies required to implement them
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field
- 2+ years of work experience in NLP projects
- 2+ years of work experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc.), statistics and classification algorithms
- Must have a clear understanding and implementation of different machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, decision trees, SVM, Na ve Bayes, KNN, neural networks, gradient descent, Random forest, ensemble gradient boost, etc.
- Programming background and experience in Python and its libraries is required
- Relevant python packages - SpaCy, scikit-learn, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, Jupyter notebook
- Command of deep learning frameworks TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch etc. and large scale data processing using big-data technologies - Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Flink etc.
- Uses AWS technologies - Sagemaker, Glue, EMR, S3, Lambdas, Redshift and Athena
- Experience working with natural language processing and text mining
- Experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with deployment technologies in one or more Cloud Providers (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience scheduling cloud hosted workflows using tools like Cron or Apache Airflow
- Hands on experience containerizing code and environments with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience building automated Model Training/Retraining and Validation Pipelines
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge on streaming is bonus, especially with Kafka
- Experience specifying infrastructure to be built using tools such as Terraform or Jenkins
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer