Data Architect - MORSCO
The Data Architect provides technical leadership and guidance throughout the lifecycle of data and data systems. The Data Architect works closely with various internal departments and teams to drive effectiveness through a total data solution mindset and process orientated team. Participate in strategy planning and solution negotiations. Architect, and deliver, forward thinking and innovative data solutions. The focus will be future data solutions and integrations for enterprise platforms. This role will have a transformational responsibility in building Data Solutions supporting Predictive Analysis, Business Intelligence, and Data Access layers with API integration. Establishing mature practices and methodologies with a transformational mindset ensuring current and future requirements are met. Must have strong communication skills to interact with business counterparts.
- Define and incorporate compliance for data solutions through new or existing standards and procedures, ensuring Data in Motion and Data at Rest is secure and compliant.
- Architect end to end data solutions including data collection and storage, data modeling, and data consumption.
- Efficiently find solutions to meet technical and nontechnical requirements of internal and external business units.
- Partner with Application Architects to design data-intensive applications with API’s and streaming data pipelines.
- Design solutions to prepare and transform data into a usable state for multi-platform consumption.
- Design detailed database schema fields with cross table links.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts including source-to-target mappings, transforms, and data lineage.
- Create and own Data Solution Architecture Models and Documentation (key written project deliverable) and/or oversee and approve the creation of architecture documentation.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community to provide input into technical and nontechnical strategies and standards.
- Maintain clarity of data solution current, and future requirements. ensuring roadmap items such as API exposure, IoT Integration, Machine Learning, or Data Science are not hindered.
- Manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Maintain and protect security, privacy, and confidentiality of data in all data solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field and 5-7 years relevant experience. 10 years equivalent experience can be used to offset the educational requirement.
- Hands on experience with cloud based relational and non-relational databases solutions.
- Expertise in near-time, real-time, time series message-based data movement and storage.
- Deep understanding of data enrichment, transformation, security, movement, data architecture, golden record, and data integrity.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise using Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, and Data Flows and pipelines.
- Experience establishing data structure and engineering patterns, practices, reference architectures, and governance
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer