Credit Associate Analyst I
Credit Associate Analyst I
As one of the industry's leading suppliers of Plumbing, HVAC, Waterworks, Oilfield, Appliances, and Lighting, we are looking for the right person to help us to continue to grow our business.
A successful Credit Associate Analyst I will support the Credit Department’s mission of maximizing return on investment in accounts receivable, maintaining customer relationships, and supporting the overall goals of the business as required in the assigned region.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Maintain account currency and resolve delinquent accounts by regular contact with customers to determine reason for non-payment including customers inability to pay. Negotiate mutually agreeable and satisfactory plan of action to resolve the underlying debt within the Company’s Credit Policy.
- Monitor customers’ purchases and evaluate the associated credit line to ensure that the credit line is adequate to support customers’ desired purchasing volume but also not expose the Company to unnecessary risk.
- Investigate, analyze and help resolve customer payment discrepancies and forward to appropriate persons for final resolution.
- Provide customers with requested statements and invoice copies and work towards resolving the underlying issue that prevented the initial delivery.
- Ensure that customer accounts are established correctly and according to company policy. Also update the accounts as required per customer requests.
- Monitor monthly Lien Notice List, contact customers and resolve balances due to ensure that an accurate and timely notice letter is sent or that the account discrepancy is noted and resolution begun.
- Review assigned account portfolio with Regional Credit Manager to ensure that the proper actions are being taken to ensure that risk is minimalized as much as possible.
- Support fellow Regional and Credit Department Associates with various projects and duties.
- Support corporate goals and initiatives
- Perform additional duties as requested by management including special projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Candidate must have at least three years of experience working in a professional office environment, preferably in the commercial supply/plumbing industry. College degree may substitute for some experience.
- Competent use of MS office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and applicable federal and state regulations are essential. Must possess decision making and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and customer relations skills are required.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with others and promote a positive work atmosphere.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks, working in a fast paced environment, and handling frequent interruptions.
- Position requires some bending and lifting.
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: REQ-05680