Construction Manager - MORSCO
-Primary Duties - Management of all aspects of property construction, relocations, major remodels, minor remodels throughout United States of America. The primary purpose of the Construction Manager position is to ensure that all stores are constructed in accordance with design standards to meet the customer experience and brand integrity of Reece. The Construction Manager is responsible to develop standards, strategic supplier relationships, procurement network, and detailed construction direction to ensure consistency in the execution of our stores. The Construction Manager position is a cross-functional position working strategically and collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders and external business partners, providing strategic direction that influence business decisions and program development.
To improve the lives of our customers and our people by striving for greatness every day
Embrace The Reece Way
- Embrace the company purpose and live The Reece Way - your behavior and action should consistently demonstrate the values
- Effectively communicate with others in a positive, constructive and respectful manner
- Be a mentor to key personnel. Spend time developing strong working relationships with them, providing feedback, information and support needed to effectively carry out their roles
- Actively participate in My Health Checks and implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) with your reporting Manager within established rhythms
- Participate in all team meetings, daily huddles and pipeline meetings
- Implement all relevant company policies, procedures and directions
- Adopt safe work practices & compliance with Morsco OSHA policies
- Ensure new initiatives and changes to company strategy or policy are effectively implemented throughout the Morsco Group
Custodian of the Reece brand
- Understand what it means and play your part to deliver customized service
- Implement The Service Standards by having the right behaviors, actions and doing the simple things great everyday
- Ensure you are committed to creating customers for life
- Must be highly organized and capable of working in a very fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively work with ambiguity and complexity
- Exceptional communication skills proven ability to cultivate a point of view and express it both verbally, and through creative expression
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Strategic planning/development and oversight of all phases of construction work and programs, fiscal management of various CapEx programs, execution & oversight of tactical field contractors, compliance with brand standards and criteria to ensure consistency/alignment, scope development, procurement construction activities, process improvements, value engineering, and cost reductions/ROI improvements
- Establish and maintain an overall capital and site-specific budget that includes feasibility studies, scope of work, cost estimates, approval tracking, invoicing, and closeout. Complete monthly reporting and forecasting on a regular basis.
- Establish and track capital project workloads and construction schedules, manage the expectations through communication so that deliverables coincide with the construction schedule
- Central quarterback all centralized workstreams in their timing and execution as it relates to construction project execution (IT, marketing, operations, supply chain, HR, fleet, indirect procurement, etc)
- Develop, maintain, and cascade a critical path for all work and major milestones to keep all stakeholders apprised of schedule and future launch dates
- Ensures sound fiscal performance and budget forecast encompassing store construction, program/project management strategy, financial management, value engineering, new construction, remodel, relocation, and decommissioning projects
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests while negotiating, scheduling and coordinating all phases of construction
- Effectively manage all construction related aspects of the real estate leases to maintain cross functional efficiencies and improved long-term savings for the company
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, liaise with internal and external customers to obtain best possible result for the company
- Establish a stable of external strategic and tactical stakeholders, contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Directs requirements for MSAs, SOWs, and SLAs of various vendors/suppliers while being conscientious of upfront CapEx costs, life-cycle costs, and other annual operating costs.
- Evaluate and monitor contractors, vendors, suppliers and consultants and score performance scorecards, prepare reports on contractor effectiveness (performance and costs)
- Develop and maintain effective operational/administrative procedures to support effective construction management processes, continually evaluating methods for value engineering, cost and expense savings opportunities
- Establish feedback loop with design and facilities to ensure operational best practice and long term, sustainable practices while minimizing life-cycle cost, repair, and maintenance
- DMAIC improvement process cycling (define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
- Promote an organizational culture that encourages ideas and opportunities that improve customer experiences, satisfaction, efficiency, productivity, and the overall company image.
- Solutions oriented - develops networks and builds strategic alliances, collaborates across boundaries to cultivate relationship, and influence key stakeholders to achieve mutual goals.
Specific Job Requirements
- Track and coordinate all building construction work undertaken and report any non-conformance issues
- Manage contract negotiation, scopes of work, and develop and maintain quality Service Level Agreements
- Visit branches/sites as required to evaluate work under construction and post construction
- Ensures materials / services are obtained at competitive rates
- Review base building work against lease scope to ensure proper deliverables and obtain landlord approvals on our scope of work as required
- Process invoices and payments by contractors/suppliers, review project "Close Out" packages, verify all open punch list items have been resolved, close out documents are 100% complete, final invoicing and liens are accurate and collect tenant improvement allowance where appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work as appropriate
- Attention to detail, refinement of existing processes, consistency and quality in works deliverables are essential to the success of this position.
Essential Services & Compliance
- Ensure all programs, policies, procedures, and processes and ongoing activities comply with federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances, accessibility laws, and OSHA standards
- Ensure proper contractor management policies and procedures, including proper authority to work, permits, licenses, inspections, contract execution, lien waivers, certificates of insurance, landlord approvals, and other compliance
- Maintain and demonstrate appropriate ethical behavior in all negotiations, contracts, assignment of work, and performance of work
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Engineering or Construction preferred
- 8+ years' experience as a tenant/owner’s construction manager with ground-up construction experience
- Project management experience directly managing major construction projects
- Proficient in reading construction documents and providing direction to architects, engineers, general contractors and other professional consultants
- In-depth knowledge of the RFP process, contract negotiation/management, lease language, lease scope negotiation, construction exhibits and related legal items
- Understanding of AIA contracts and industry best practices
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel for budgeting tracking, estimating and fluent with Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project and Visio)
- Excellent communication / presentation skills, dashboard reporting
- Proficiency in construction means, methods, and "working" construction knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
KEY SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Relationship Building - Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the support office managers and staff, Operations managers and staff, branch managers, customers and suppliers.
Financial Acumen - Understand appropriate financial measures and use them to make informed business decisions.
Communication - Actively seek and share information, encourage discussion and timely communication using various communication methods.
Functional/Technical Expertise - Has relevant knowledge and skills with industry experience and at least 5 years’ experience in a property facilities related activity
Presentation Skills - Ability to present effectively to inform an audience, using current presentation technologies and media formats. Able to field audience questions comfortably and confidently.
Technology Savvy - Use technology effectively, seeking ways to use technology for the good of the business. Will be proactive in investigating and adopting new technologies to achieve competitive advantage and drive digitization.
Organizing and planning - Has strong organizing and planning skills, can manage their time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgement.
Results Orientation - Can focus on outcomes that align with the business plan, are motivated by achievement, and persist until the goal is reached.
Conflict management - Comfortable with healthy conflict and support and manage differences of opinion. Stop destructive competition or friction and use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
Continual Improvement - can seek out issues and identify ideas and provide innovative ways for best practice for the benefit of the whole property team, wider business with respect to time, cost, quality and space. This will include post implementation reviews and debrief processes
Collaborative approach - can work collaboratively with individuals, direct teams and wider teams within the group
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer