Business Development Representative - Murray Supply
Business Development Representative
The role of the Business Development Representative is to drive AMAA sales and PGP profitability in the RR segment through regular interaction with customers. The Business Development Representative is responsible for increasing opportunities with new customers using the MORSCO sales process to deliver customized service
- Create a targeted customer list and call cycles with the BM
- Create and deliver AMAA and sales goals with the BM
- The primary focus is to develop personalized and intimate business relationships
- Understand the RR value proposition
- Uses the Morsco sales process to work the customer through each stage of the sale process.
- Adapt in real-time and move back in the sales as required
- Co-create business strategies with customers based on data and industry information
- Uses content from the CRM to add value
- Execute the customized pricing model and promote the value to the customer
- Undertake a regular performance review of the target customer list with the BM
- Ensure Follow up for all active quotes/bids until an outcome is produced and maintains the record in salesforce & eclipse
- Assists the development of sales skills for branch team members
- Develop business relationships with key stakeholders using the Morsco sales process
- Develop an effective and productive working relationship with the branch team, senior leadership, and support team members- leads a collaborative team effort.
- Educate and support the branch team to deliver on the customized service offer
- Proactively leads by example to service the customer
- Deliver counter promotional activities that add value and build relationships
- Conduct a weekly sales meeting with the BM and attend RR focus meetings to share company strategies and training both during and outside of working hours
- Share market and competitor information with all appropriate channels within the organization
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Keeps sales force up to date with all relevant customer information
- Assist with credit and collections of accounts receivable
- Remain up to date on product improvements, industry, and technical knowledge.
- Participate in company approved trade shows & attend business meetings for sponsored associations.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards consistent with good judgment, company policy, and objectives
- Complete all assigned training within a given timeframe
- High School education or equivalent
- Minimum 1 - 7 - years’ sales experience in the industry preferred
- Travel up to 90% of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must always present a professional image to customers and vendors
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer