Benefits Coordinator - MORSCO
-The employee benefits coordinator position assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verifies all insurance billing, maintains employee database and files, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.
* Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
* Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
* Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
* Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
* Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
* Administer COBRA.
* Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
* Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
* Assist Benefits Administrator in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
* Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
* Prepare and maintain biweekly employee reports, new-hire and absentee reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts, phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
* Assist Benefits Administrator in completing benefits reporting requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
* Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or GED and two years of experience in employee benefits administration.
* Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer