Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager
WHO WE ARE
At MORSCO, you’re part of a big family. We have a strong caring culture that supports each other, along with the communities where we live and work. We also believe every person has his or her own story. Individuality is what makes us great. We are part of an industry that plays an important role in the health of society. The future here is bright. And with us, you’re empowered to make a difference. Within a strong team environment, our people are encouraged to grow. We invest in their development both personally and professionally. With the right attitude, anyone can succeed with us. What you can accomplish here is limitless. Which is why for many or us this is our "forever company."
THE IMPACT YOU’LL MAKE
We invite you to apply to our Assistant Branch Manager opening.
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will support the Branch Manager with managing the performance of the branch/sales team through leadership and operational excellence to achieve the company’s vision and business objectives. In addition, you will aid in developing and growing vendor/customer relationships and driving accountability with team members to achieve goals. Partnering with the Branch Manager, you evaluate results, develop actions and success metrics to drive the branch forward!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- The curiosity to learn the ends and outs of managing a branch
- Commitment to develop others for professional growth and career advancement
- Passion for our customers and their needs
- Strong strategic thinking skills to make a huge impact on the business
- A competitive spirit to exceed branch performance metrics
- A safety and customer-focused mindset
- A bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent job experience
- A proven record of leadership (e.g., progression through positions of increasing responsibility) is beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate are essential.
The Assistant Branch Manager supports the Branch Manager in managing the performance of the branch to achieve the company vision and business objectives. The ABM effectively communicates the company vision and strategy throughout the branch whilst leading, inspiring, coaching and supporting reporting staff to successfully implement our ‘Purpose to Promise’.
- Supports the Branch Manager in operational excellence within the branch by ensuring single systems and standards are met
- Supports the Branch Manager in ensuring all inventories and fixed assets are maintained and controlled
- Ensures branch is free of recognized hazards to stay in compliance with the standards, rules and regulations of OSHA
- Document all work-related injuries and illnesses
- Supports the Branch Manager in building and maintaining a high-performance team by coaching team member performance, supporting appropriate training and development methods, and team building
- Supports the Branch Manager in building a high performing team through recruitment, development, coaching, and leadership
- Supports the Branch Manager in providing a motivation environment which enables team members to exceed performance standards. Recognizes and rewards star performers
- Supports the Branch Manager in developing and growing vendor and customer relationships which grow the business
- Supports the Branch Manager in the achievement of EBITDA and ROI key financial metrics in their assigned branch
- Supports the Branch Manager in the Implementation and follow-up of company pricing strategy
- Supports the Branch Manager in driving accountability with team members to achieve goals
- Collaborates with Branch Manager to evaluate results, develop actions and success metrics that will drive the branch forward
- Supports the Branch Manager in providing managerial direction and leadership to the branch. Tracks progress on established success metrics
- Works with internal and external partners to drive directional product and service sales
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of produce knowledge & industry trends
- Supports the Branch Manager in the establishment of a team culture among markets and holds the team to a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Ensures all customer service complaints are handled effectively and efficiently
- Supports the Branch Manager in the development of sales strategies for the branch in close cooperation with VICE PRESIDENT | DIRECTOR
- Fosters a positive working environment aligned with MORSCO’s vision and core values
- Supports the Branch Manager in holding regular staff meetings with direct reports
- Effectively works in a collaborative manner with different work groups throughout MORSCO, including, but not limited to Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Legal, and IT
- Ability to read, interpret, and action documents such as sales reports, operating reports, inventory reports, financial statements, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Report as required to the Branch Manager on:
- Results, major issues and activities
- Recommendations for business improvement / growth
- Any new initiatives and ideas to achieve company business objectives
- Competitor activity and pricing
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft, Excel, Word, and Eclipse or Mincron
Perform other duties as assigned
- Engaging an individual in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviors, skills, or knowledge needed to ensure performance improvement or prepare for success in new responsibilities
- Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message
- Listening actively to others
- Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities
- Crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs
- Promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value
- Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information
- Choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions
- Taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences
DRIVING FOR RESULTS
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment
- Using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals
- Tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions
- Treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge
GUIDING TEAM SUCCESS
- Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build, motivate, and guide a cohesive team to complete team goals.
- Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
- Identifying and improving conditions that affect own and others’ safety
- Leveraging one’s practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of new business opportunities.
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer