AP Disbursements Specialist - MORSCO Support Center
-A successful Accounts Payable Disbursements Associate must be able to work at a fast pace and be very detail & deadline oriented. This person must be a team player and be able to interact well with others and be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Must be able to work the assigned schedule and comply with the Company's timekeeping policy.
- Other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong analytical and investigative skills
- Intermediate MS Excel proficiency
- High school education or equivalent is required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment
- Must be able to learn quickly and have a desire to succeed
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must take and pass pre-employment drug test and consent to a background check
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer